Skip to main content
Today is our off day. We are taking some rest and will come back stronger tomorrow
Official support hours
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:30
  Friday, 16 February 2018
  2 Replies
  6.4K Visits
Votes
Undo
I am running Office 365, Excel MSO 16.0.8431.2110 32 Bit with Office Tab Enterprise 13.10 32 bit install.

Whenever I close excel with the default Book1 open, instead of getting the standard excel "do you want to save prompt"

I get "A file name book1.xlsx already exists in this location, do you want to replace it?" Clicking yes closes excel with no indicators where/if it save something.

Clicking no results in a Microsoft VBA runtime error.

Uninstalling office tab reverts back to default excel close behavior.

How do I fix this?
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
Please try to open a new workbook. Can you see the same error with the new workbook?
Please try to disable all the other add-ins in your Excel add-ins manager.
Can you see the same error after disabling the Office Tab in Excel?
Thanks.
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Step1:Check searching the complete computer for XLSTART and than delete the contents.
Step2: Follow the steps and check if that helps:
1.Go to the location C:\Program File\Microsoft Office\office\excel.exe
(if you are using a 64bit machine, then you would have to go to C:\Program files x86\Microsoft Office\Office\xcel.exe)
2.Right click on Excel.exe and click on Properties and then click on Compatibility tab. Check if you have any check mark in any of the compatibility mode options. Make sure you also click on the option "change settings for all users" tab at the bottom of the same screen and look for similar check boxes in the window.
3.Uncheck the option Run as Administrator option is you have it checked.
4.If you see any check boxes in the compatibility mode options, uncheck all the boxes and click on Apply and OK.
5.Try to open Excel now and check
Step3: Search for excel.xlb, *.qat and *.pip. Try searching and renaming this files. Check if excel works.
If still it doesn't work than, go for contorl panel> programs> programs & features> highlight office 2000 change> click on drop down of excel and make it NOT AVAILABLE.
Open registry: start> run >regedit> ok
Take back and then delete the EXCEL FOLDERS
Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office
Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office
Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office
Start> control panel> programs> programs & features> highlight office 2007> change> click on drop down of excel and make it AVAILABLE.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.