Skip to main content
Today is our off day. We are taking some rest and will come back stronger tomorrow
Official support hours
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:30
  Thursday, 28 July 2022
  10 Replies
  5.6K Visits
Votes
Undo
I have set up a three-level dependent list in a table. It all works fine to the last row selected (263). Problem arises when starting a new row. Dropdown list only appears in the first level. Second and third do not have the drop-down button.
I have tried to overcome this issue by extending the selection to the whole three columns, but it never stops processing and blocks Excel.

Any suggetion?
1 year ago
·
Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Hi there,

We've checked the file you sent, we noticed that you didn't expand the dynamic drop-down list range. Which means the range you applied the feature is $H$2:$J$263. To expand the range, please do as follows:

1. On the Kutools tab, click Navigation. And then click on the icon circled in red as shown below to unhide the hidden worksheets.
show-hidden.png

2. Delete List and List1 as shown below.
delete-hidden.png

3. Go back to RECIBIDAS sheet. Click on any cell that is in the range $H$2:$J$263, and then click Expand Dynamic Drop-down List Range.
expand-range.png

4. An Output Range dialog pops up, now select the new range where you want to have the drop-down list. The new range will be filled in the box. Alternatively, you can type in the range directly in the input box, for example, $H$2:$J$300.
expand-range-box.png

5. Click OK.

The drop-list is now applied in the new expanded range. If there are any other problems, please don't hesitate to ask me.

Amanda
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi there,

Could you please attach the excel file you mentioned?
(If you have trouble attaching a file, please see this post: https://www.extendoffice.com/forum/9-others/2915-instruction-to-upload-an-attachement-in-a-post.html)

BTW, which feature did you use from Kutools for Excel?

Thanks in advance.

Amanda
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Good morning,

Message times out when trying to send the file. Please use this WeTransfer link to download: https://we.tl/t-94c1A9L6MK

I have used the Dynamic drop-down list feature.

Kind regards
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
I used Dynamic drop-down list

Unable lo upload the file. It keeps "sending" and the verification expires. Anu other way to send it?
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo

Unable lo upload the file. It keeps "sending" and the verification expires. Anu other way to send it?

Hello,

You can send it to us via . :)

Please try to be more specific about the issue.
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,

1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,

1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo

Hello,

There is no issue to upload your file in the post.

As you can see, we have uploaded it here.

If you still have encountered this issue, please try to take some screenshots to demonstrate the issue.

You can send us the screenshots via .

Thanks in advance.
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo

1 year ago
·
Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Hi there,

We've checked the file you sent, we noticed that you didn't expand the dynamic drop-down list range. Which means the range you applied the feature is $H$2:$J$263. To expand the range, please do as follows:

1. On the Kutools tab, click Navigation. And then click on the icon circled in red as shown below to unhide the hidden worksheets.
show-hidden.png

2. Delete List and List1 as shown below.
delete-hidden.png

3. Go back to RECIBIDAS sheet. Click on any cell that is in the range $H$2:$J$263, and then click Expand Dynamic Drop-down List Range.
expand-range.png

4. An Output Range dialog pops up, now select the new range where you want to have the drop-down list. The new range will be filled in the box. Alternatively, you can type in the range directly in the input box, for example, $H$2:$J$300.
expand-range-box.png

5. Click OK.

The drop-list is now applied in the new expanded range. If there are any other problems, please don't hesitate to ask me.

Amanda
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks a lot for the solution!!!!
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.