Skip to main content
Today is our off day. We are taking some rest and will come back stronger tomorrow
Official support hours
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:30
  Tuesday, 26 April 2022
  7 Replies
  5.1K Visits
Votes
Undo
I am trying to copy merged cells from one report to another report. What I need from someone is a detailed explanation of how to do this. I can't find any place where it explains how to copy merged cells, but the website says it can be done. Just need step by step instructions.
Please advise on what to do.
Thanks. Bill
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Bill,

Could you please clarify how you want to copy the merged cells? And please attach a sample file with the report formatting you talked above (remember to clear your private information).

I don't really understand your question because Excel itself allows you to copy merged cells.

Amanda
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
I am sorry that this is so late I was in the hospital and then home recuperating

I am trying to get Excel to copy data from one report to another report. but it is not working for me. I did a google search and the response back was that excel cannot do a copy paste of merged cells.
That is using the normal copy and paste function in excel.
What I need to know from you is:
*what do I use to accomplish this either Kooltools or Kooltools plus
*I need to know what functions I click on to get the data to copy each time that the information is changed
*I don't know if it is because the cells are locked. In the password protect section under "Allow users of this worksheet to: I have only "Select unlocked cell"
I have attached 2 PDF's of the documents in the Minutes report I have conditional formatting so the area I need to have information copied to from the Bar Managers report is in Yellow. I really don't know what other information you may need you will have to write me back that request.
Thanks in advance for the help on this matter
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better now.

- I am trying to get Excel to copy data from one report to another report. but it is not working for me. I did a google search and the response back was that excel cannot do a copy paste of merged cells.
- When you copy the merged data from one report to another. Are the size of the merged cells of two reports different? For example, one is consists of 2 rows and 3 columns, the other is consists of 1 row and 3 columns. If so, there is no way to copy and paste, no matther what function are you using.

- I have attached 2 PDF's of the documents.
- Sorry that I could not see the pdf attachments. Did you upload the files, and then inserted them in your reply?

Amanda
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Amanda
I have 3 issues that should clear up and resolve the problem with your help. First I went in and redesigned the Bar Managers Report, and the Post Minutes so that all of the cells are the same format, size, and so on.

1. I went in and used Xcel's copy/paste. The information transferred to from the Bar Managers Report to the Post Minutes. The problem is when I changed the numbers in the Bar Managers report the numbers did not change in the Post Minutes. I need to know if there is something in Kool tools or Kool tools plus that I can use to get the numbers to change when I enter them in the bar managers report. (Please make sure to give me the details of what to do)

2. In the protect worksheet I have only 2 items checked they are "Protect worksheet and contents of Locked cells" and "Select Unlocked Cells". I need to know if there are any other check boxes that need to be checked.

3. Ever since I installed Kool Tools my computer has been locking up. Is there something I can do to stop this from happening. Today alone it has locked up 3 times and I have to turn the computer off and restart it.

If you can get me the answer's to these three questions I think we can close this out.
Thanks again for all of your help with this matter.
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
see above
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
see above your Captcha does not seem to be working
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo

3. Ever since I installed Kool Tools my computer has been locking up. Is there something I can do to stop this from happening. Today alone it has locked up 3 times and I have to turn the computer off and restart it.

Did you use any feature of it so it caused your computer locking up? Or your computer just locked up with Excel on? And please tell me the version of your Kutools, Excel, and computer system. And what is the language you are using on your computer?
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.