Skip to main content
Today is our off day. We are taking some rest and will come back stronger tomorrow
Official support hours
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:30
  Wednesday, 12 January 2022
  1 Replies
  5.9K Visits
Votes
Undo
I have a large excel file with a lot of data. 

I know how to delete the duplicate values but keep one value. 

I need to learn another technique. 

For example, a particular column repeats some data twice, some data thrice, and some data for four or five times. 
I want to delete the first entry only. I don't want to delete the second, third or fourth entry. That means only the first entry or first data will be deleted, but all the second, third, fourth or the next entry will exist.

Will anybody please tell me how I can do this?
2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Nousher,

Sorry there is no direct way to do so. But if you have Kutools for Excel installed, please try as follows:

1. Select the range of your data;
2. Under Kutools tab, click Select > Select Duplicate & Unique Cells;
3. In the pop-up dialog:

• You will see the range box is already filled in with the selected range;
  • Under the Based on section, select Each row or Single cell according to your needs;
  • Under the Rule section, select All duplicates;
  • Under Processing of results, select Fill font color;
  • Check Case sensitive if you need.

delete first duplicate 1.png

Now please select the data range again, and click Re-run Last Utility. This time, in the pop-up dialog:

• Under the Rule section, select Duplicates;
  • Under Processing of results, select Fill backcolor. 

delete first duplicate 2.png

Last, select the data range again, and click Select > Select Cells with Format. In the pop-up dialog, click Choose Format From Cell to select any cell with the first duplicate entry, then click Ok. Now you will see all the cells with first duplicate entries are selected, and then you can delete them right away.
 [attachment]deletefirstduplicate4.png[/attachment] >>> delete first duplicate 3.png

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Amanda
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.