- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 13 days agoI have had the same situation. It was working fine for almost a year and then suddenly stopped working. I've tried recopying the code, delete it completely and start over. Same results- popup reminder box happens, I click ok, and the email is never sent.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 13 days agoHi tarnold,Make sure that the category name you created in step 2 is the same as the name specified in the code.
Can you try the VBA below and give me feedback on error you encountered later? Because this problem needs to be reproduced in my case. Or you can also try the third party tool mentioned in the post. Sorry for the inconvenience.Private Sub Application_Reminder(ByVal Item As Object) 'Updated by Extendoffice 20220114 Dim xMailItem As MailItem Dim xItemDoc As Word.Document Dim xNewDoc As Word.Document Dim xFldPath As String If Item.Class <> OlObjectClass.olAppointment Then Exit Sub If Item.Categories <> "Send Schedule Recurring Email" Then Exit Sub Set xMailItem = Outlook.Application.CreateItem(olMailItem) Set xItemDoc = Item.GetInspector.WordEditor xFldPath = CStr(Environ("USERPROFILE")) xFldPath = xFldPath & "\MyReminder" If Dir(xFldPath, vbDirectory) = "" Then MkDir xFldPath End If xFldPath = xFldPath & "\AppointmentBody.xml" xItemDoc.SaveAs2 xFldPath, wdFormatXMLDocument ' wdFormatXML Set xNewDoc = xMailItem.GetInspector.WordEditor VBA.DoEvents xNewDoc.Application.Selection.HomeKey xNewDoc.Activate xNewDoc.Application.Selection.InsertFile FileName:=xFldPath, Attachment:=False With xMailItem .To = Item.Location .Recipients.ResolveAll .Subject = Item.Subject .Send End With Set xMailItem = Nothing VBA.Kill xFldPath End Sub
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 13 days agoAt least yours work for a while. Mine never worked. Contacted Support and was told to post here. I suppose we'll have to wait on the author to respond.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 13 days agoHi RodmanB,
Can neither of the two methods described in the article solve the problem?
VBA code and Kutools for Outlook are two different ways to handle the task.I need to know more specific about your issue, such as your Excel version.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 12 days agoHi Crystal,I am using MSOffice 365 for all of the Office products- Outlook, Excel, etc. As I posted 6month ago, it was working fine with my previous MSOffice desktop software. When I switched to Office 365, it stopped working and I am having the same/similar situation as RodmanB. The reminder popup occurs, I dismiss it and nothing happens. The email is not in the draft folder, not in the sent folder, nothing.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 13 days agoCrystal,Thanks for help. I replaced the VBCode and made a different test email. It preformed just as the other; reminder pops up, .wav file plays but the email is not sent. I'll install Kutools for Outlook and try that way tomorrow and, will respond with results.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 12 days agoCrystal,Unable to install Kutool for outlook, demo license expired. Not willing to buy just to debug this feature. So, have a great day and thanks for the help.Thanx,RLB